Experience level: Beginner
No offerings are currently scheduled.
Create a firefly53 account to be notified when new offerings are scheduled, or Like us on Facebook to get updates.
Making Excommunication - by Tim Waite, 2013
This workshop will introduce you to the basics of Photoshop, with the goal of helping photographers new to Photoshop to look beyond the complexity, and begin to use it starting slowly.
Because this workshop is geared toward the beginner, we'll discuss the most basic functionality and tools. Here is a list of what we'll cover:
- Various file formats and their uses
- Image modes and appropriate uses
- The basic tools
- The basics of using layers and simple masks
- Saving images for print and web use
At the end of this workshop you will be able to load an image for editing, choose an appropriate image mode, perform some basic editing functionality, resize your image for the appropriate output (print or web), and select an appropriate colorspace.
This workshop is the foundation for additional Photoshop offerings, covering more advanced topics.
- A computer or laptop with a registered copy of Adobe Photoshop version CS5 or above installed.
- All cables and accessories, such as monitor, mouse, etc.