Experience level: Intermediate/Advanced
No offerings are currently scheduled.
Create a firefly53 account to be notified when new offerings are scheduled, or Like us on Facebook to get updates.
Untitled - by Alisha Diaz, 2016
Warhol Exercise - by Jennifer Joyce, 2016
Lightroom and Photoshop are incredibly useful together, and in this course we'll build a workflow to link the two together, and take advantage of many of the things Photoshop can do for us that Lightroom can't.
Over eight weeks, we'll learn:
- How to share photos from Lightroom into Photoshop to work on and then save our changes back into Lightroom, so that Lightroom can continue to manage our images
- The power of Photoshop's Smart Objects, which offer us amazing control over our image's quality
- How to work with layers, leveraging the real power of Photoshop
- How to do basic and more advanced selections, allowing us even more power with layers
- What different image modes and bit depths are useful for, and what we can do using various combinations
- Various filters, including layer filters and the filter gallery, along with other processing tools
- How to add text and watermarks to images
- How to prepare your photos for use in both web and print formats
We'll learn using photos supplied by firefly53, and later in the course, we'll start integrating your own photos.
At the end of the course, you'll be able to create your own amazingly compelling, multi-layered works of art!
You need Adobe's Photographer Creative Cloud subscription, which give you a access to both Lightroom and Photoshop.
You should be familiar enough with Lightroom to be able to import photos, and do some basic organization.
A laptop or desktop that you can bring each week, with Creative Cloud installed, and up-to-date.